Subscribe via email

Masukkan email anda untuk dapatkan update terkini dari kami:

Delivered by sukakereta

Saturday, August 20, 2011


KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 19 (Bernama) -- Amanah Saham Nasional Bhd (ASNB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) today announced an income dividend of 6.5 sen per unit for the Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 for the financial year ending Aug 31, 2011.

This will be an increase of 0.15 sen per unit compared with the 6.35 sen dividend given last year, PNB Chairman Tun Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid said.

The dividend will involve a payout of RM909.05 million, which will be 17.72 per cent higher than the payment of RM772.19 made last year.

Ahmad Sarji said throughout the current financial year until July this year, the market had in general showed a continued uptrend following the major economic data announcements made both at the domestic and global levels.

"Looking ahead, indications are that there will be more challenges in the global economic and share market scene following the latest developments," he told reporters after announcing ASW's income dividend here.

He said that the country's share market had started to show a significant drop beginning August this year due to the US stock market which started to fall following Standard & Poor's downgrading of the country's credit rating to a AA+ from AAA.

As at Aug 15, 2011, ASW 2020 registered a gross income of RM1.158 billion.

Profits from the sales of shares in companies contributed RM526.07 million or 45.42 per cent to the income, while dividends from investee companies amounted to RM442.82 million (38.24 per cent) and income from investments in short term instruments and other income contributed RM189.27 million or 16.34 per cent.

Ahmad Sarji said the dividend payments will be automatically credited into the investment accounts of unitholders from Sept 1.

To facilitate the payment, trading of the ASW 2020 will be suspended from August 25 till Sept.

ASW is a fixed price fund where 51 per cent of the units are opened to Bumiputera investors and the remaining 49 per cent to non-Bumiputera investors.

There are currently a total of 906,340 investors for the ASW2020 subscribing a total of 13.94 billion units.


No comments: